Gardening is a hobby as well as a job for people. It is work that requires keen dedication and discipline to make your garden bloom constantly. But to do so, you will need a high-quality mower that will take care of your grass to cut equally throughout. Thus, we have brought 11 of the best zero-turn mowers for 5 acres that you can use for a big garden or land piece. Have a look at them to choose the best for you.
11 Best Zero Turn Mower for 5 Acres
Choosing the best mower for your garden is an essential part when planning to do gardening. This is because they define the entire look of your garden. Here are the top eleven mowers you can purchase that you can use for a land of 5 acres.
These mowers are zero-turn mowers. By zero-turn mowers, we mean mowers whose turning radius is zero when both wheels rotate opposite each other. We have sorted these mowers from the cheapest to the most expensive ones for convenience.
Husqvarna is a famous company and a prime choice of customers for purchasing excellent and sustainable mowers. The MZ 61 model of Husqvarna is another such mower that provides a highly smooth working experience, whether on plains or hills. The mower is also known to have a decent speed that cuts grass perfectly in less time. It also has a modern design and advanced braking systems, which make it a safe choice for customers. The large fuel tank of the mower will allow you to work for hours without needing to refuel the tank.
- 61-Inch Deck & 41-Inch cutting deck
- Perfect for heavy-load jobs
- 5 miles per hour speed
- Modern design
- Perfect for hills
- Great engine strength
- 26 horsepower Kohler engine
- Efficient for 4 to 10 acres
- Large fuel tank
- Comfortable seating area
- Large area mowing capacity
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Can withstand heavy loads
- Long deck and efficient engine support cuts grass extremely fine
- No headlights available thus making it difficult to work at night
Huqsvarna Z254 Zero Turn Mower
With a rating of 4 out of five stars from 100 of its customers, second on the list is another high-class mower from Husqvarna. This is a modern and stylish mower that will give your lawn a brand-new look. The mower is known to have an extremely efficient grass-picking system along with cutting edges and extreme performance. The footrest area is made non-slippery to avoid any accidents during the work.
With an advanced braking system and comfortable seating area, the Z254 from Huqsvarna will give you complete control over it. It has a strong Kohler engine to work in even the harshest environments. Along with this, it is adorned with guards on the front and rear sides of the mower to protect it from any damage.
- Air Induction Technology
- Protective Guards in front and back
- 54 Inch-cutting deck
- High steel cutting deck
- 3 blades to give smooth cutting
- Comfortable seating area
- Large fuel tank of 3.5 gal
- Modern look and design
- Comes with accessories
- Tire with strong grip
- 24 horsepower Kohler engine
- Modern and advanced technology used
- Extra protection provided
- Three blade system for finer cutting
- Quality tires can work even on sloppy land
- Accessories are to be bought separately
- Modern features might take some time to learn
Ariens 6000 Zero Turn Mower
Looking for a mower to run on hills or a sloppy area? The Ariens 6000 zero-turn mower will prove to be one of the best choices for this purpose. This strong and durable mower will help to mow large lawns in hilly or plain areas. Having a long cutting deck along with sharpened blades, the Ariens mower has everything you need in a mower. The mower also comes with a dethatcher to remove excess thatch. Built with strong material and made to survive heavy loads, you can use the Ariens mower on large lands of 5 acres or more.
- Efficient on slopes of up to 15 degrees
- 11-gauge steel deck
- Large fuel tank with 2.8 gallons capacity
- 48 Inch dethatcher available
- Strong engine of 22 horsepower
- Comes with a mulch kit as well
- High back padded seat
- Wide armrests
- Mow 5 acres in about two hours only
- 34-Inch Deck
- Comfortable seating area
- Armrests provide good support for the operator
- Mulch kit provided
- Provides quick and smooth working experience
- Steel deck makes body stronger and more durable
- Not efficient enough if the mulch kit is damaged
- Can be operated by only experienced operators
John Deere Z375R Zero Turn Mower
John Deere is known in almost every country for manufacturing heavy-load vehicles like tractors and mowers. So, if you have a 5-acre land area to mow, John Deere can be among your prime choices to consider. This is because of its high durability and ability to work in extreme conditions. The John Deere Z375 zero-turn mower comes with a heavy lift deck that can cut grass efficiently and at an equal level. Although John Deere can work under extreme conditions, it is not recommended to be used in hilly areas. If you are looking to mow land on a hill, you must consider other mowers, but for plain lawns, John Deere can be your best choice.
There are two models of the Z series available by John Deere. These are the Z375R and Z356R. The Z375R has a long cutting deck for smooth working, while the other one will be efficient for small lawns with a 48 Inch mower deck. The Z375R model has received a rating of 4.3 stars from around 37 customers till now.
- Ideal for plane lands
- Heavy load working
- Air-cooled engine
- 25 horsepower strong engine
- 54 Inch-cutting deck
- Equal cutting of grass
- Air cooling system increases the life of the mower
- Strong engine can work for long hours in extreme conditions
- Heavy deck can cut almost every type of grass
- Multiple models available
- Cannot be used in hilly areas
- Multiple functionalities make it difficult for new operators to operate
Cub Cadet XT1 LT50 FAB Mower
Another excellent mower for a 5-acre land area, the cub cadet lawn mowers have been among the prime choice of customers. Many customers who recently purchased this mower have rated it 4 stars on average. The main feature of the mower is its extremely comfortable seating area that allows the operator to work tirelessly for hours. The mower is also a good fit for small lands. It also comes with certain attachments that are needed to be mounted on the mower to give it support for smooth working. The cub cadet mower also comes with a top speed of around eight miles per hour which will help you to cover 5-acre land in no time. It will take approximately two hours to mow the entire property with ease.
Several other models of the mower are known to perform exceptionally well in hilly areas. These include the Cub Cadet FAB XT1, LT50, and LT1 LT50. Although every model has some drawbacks, they can be a prime choice to consider for hilly areas.
- Strong engine with 24 horsepower Kohler engine
- 50 Inch-cutting deck
- 16 Inch turning radius
- Handles almost any type of grass
- Efficient for heavy-load work
- Comfortable seating
- The high-speed finishes work in less time
- Best fit for mowing small land areas of 5 acres or less
- Not all models are equally efficient
- Attachments are not readily available if damaged
- Extra loads are needed to be mounted on the mower to make it work smoothly
Ariens IKON XD Zero Turn Mower
With a rating of 4 stars from only about 39 users this is another masterpiece from Ariens, the IKON XD being one of the finest mowers for 5 acres. The mower is suitable because its large cutting deck provides a smooth grass-cutting experience. The 60 Inches large cutting deck is beneficial when working on a larger property. The mower comes with a 3 years warranty making you completely assured of its performance for a decent period of time. Along with this, the seating area of the mower is also very comfortable and adjustable according to the operator.
The mower is also easy to operate with few keys on the keypad. The powerful engine of the mower makes it easier to work in heavy load areas and complete the work in a few hours only.
- 11 gauge cutting deck
- High back seat for comfortable seating
- 52 Inch-cutting deck
- 3 years warranty
- Powerful 23 horsepower Kohler engine
- Thick armrest area
- Rugged motor to manage overheating problems
- Average speed to finish work quickly
- Even cuttings experience makes your lawn look more beautiful
- Easy to operate
- Lesser keys on the keypad make it fit for newbies
- Strong engine can withstand load and finish work in a few hours
- The 60-inch deck cannot be handled by everyone
- Not fit for sloping landscapes and hilly areas
- Previous users had complaints regarding battery life
Poulan Pro P46ZX Zero Turn Mower
The Poulan pro mower is another famous machine when looking to mow a large land area. This zero-turn mower has the capacity to mow about 2.5 acres of land in an hour. One of the important aspects of this mower is that it runs on 85-octane gas and also comes with a fuel shut-off valve. Along with this, the mower comes with a strong engine and is also easy to use. Even newbies can easily drive it since not many complicated features are installed. Talking about seating comfort, the mower has a good space for its operator to sit and operate comfortably. Having a wide range of customers, this Poulan Pro mower has been rated 9.1 stars out of 10 by its customers.
- 5 acre per hour mowing capacity
- 24 horsepower strong engine
- Large deck for equal cutting
- LED headlights to work at night
- Comfortable seating area
- Seat belts are also available
- Hydrostatic transmission system
- 46 Inch Steel Deck
- 18 Inch rear tire
- 15 Inch mid back seat
- Top speed of 6.5 mph
- Large land areas can be mowed easily
- Big tires mow land in less time
- Best for working at night because of LED lights
- Safer because of seat belts
- High-speed mows land in less time
- If attachments go faulty, they might not be readily available
- Not suitable for small land as it will consume a lot of resources
Snapper 360 degrees Zero Turn Mower
Load it with flowers or tools, or whether you put it to a heavy workload, the snapper mower is a machine that can bear any type of rigorous or continuous work in any situation. The Snapper 360 degrees mower also gives you full control to cut the grass equally around the land. This zero-turn mower comes with a fully welded steel frame, thick front axle, wide deck, and many other features to make it versatile and complete.
The mower is known to work smoothly under extreme conditions and can mow large areas in comparatively less time.
- 360 degrees control
- High-speed working
- Strong steel built
- 36 Inch-cutting deck
- 25 horsepower extreme engine
- 3 years warranty
- Foot operated height of cut
- Easily controllable due to 360 degree movement
- Strong engine
- Warranty guarantees performance
- Can withstand heavy load
- Fast speed completes work in less time
- Uneven land surface might cause some problems in the mower
- The foot operated system might not suit every operator
- Loading it too much might cause performance issues
Troy Bilt Mustang Z54 XP Zero Turn Mower
While Troy Bilt is another well-known mower manufacturer in the market, it can be a part of your choice list of best mowers for 5 acres. This excellent piece of technology has around 60 customers and has gained a decent rating of 4.5 stars. The mower is known for its excellent heavy-duty engine support along with many advanced features. In addition to this, the 50 Inch cutting deck of the mower makes it even more effective and worthy. There is also a deck wash system in the mower, through which you can easily wash the blades of the mower once the work is complete. This helps to keep the mower long-lasting and brand new.
The mower comes with a large fuel tank and can be used on almost any type of land area.
- 50 Inch-cutting deck
- 24 horsepower professional engine
- 3 Inch Pivoting front axle
- Long hours of smooth working
- Heavy duty support
- Strong engine support
- Can work tirelessly for hours
- Big fuel tank to contain a lot of fuel
- Deck remains clean through automatic cleaning
- Runs fine on harsh land as well
- No guarantee about battery life
- The Keypad contains excessive buttons
DeWalt Z148 Zero Turn Mower
The next one on the list is the Dewalt mower, with a rating of about 3.5 stars out of 5, purchased by most customers and is known to be a high-capacity mower. This mower will provide you a safety assurance for the mower operator in every condition. Made with strong and durable material, the Dewalt mower gives a smooth working experience to work for long hours if needed.
- 48 Inch Deck
- Made for tough jobs
- Strong steel frame
- Professional and smooth cut
- Complete safety assurance
- High back seat
- Can do heavy-duty work
- Strong build
- Gives comfort to the operator
- Provides safety
- Can be used by newbie operators
- The high back seat might not comfort everyone
- Batteries often dies very soon
- The long deck might be good for new operators
Bad Boy ZT Elite Zero Turn Mower
The last one on the list, the Bad Boy zero turn mower has been among the best-selling mowers of the year. While the mower has several versions of itself, it is known for its comfort and safety. You can definitely consider this amazing piece when selecting the best mower for yourself to satisfy every demand you seek in a mower.
- 60 Inch Deck
- 5 gallons of gas capacity
- Power 26 horsepower Kohler engine
- 7-gauge steel
- Best for flat and sloppy terrains
- Multiple versions to use from
- Wide Deck to work in less time
- Perfect for hilly area
- A rear hitch provided
- Not too many buyers blindly believe its performance
- The gas tank is light and might break
Buying Guide | Best Zero Turn Mower for 5 acres
We understand that it might be a bit confusing to select the best mower that will suit your needs. Out of all the above mowers in the list, choosing the best one to fit your needs is a must since a mower is not a thing of everyday purchase. So we have below certain aspects based on which you can judge any mower and decide which one will be the best for your needs.
If you are looking to do mild cutting of grass for a small area, then there is no need to consider a heavy-load engine. But on the contrary, if you are in need of a mower to work for hours constantly without stopping, consider a mower with extreme horsepower a must.
If a mower is not comfortable while operating, no one would like to work on it. Thus, you must ensure that your mower has a good and comfortable seating area where the operator can sit for hours and perform the task easily. For this, you can consider the backrest of the mower, the armrest, and the footrest area as well to ensure that the mower is a good choice for you.
Along with all the above features, you must ensure that your mower has any other special or unique feature which you seek primarily. This can be the grass level of cutting, speed, or tank size of the mower. Do not forget to consider these and then finalize a mower for yourself.
FAQs | Zero Turn Mower for 5 acres
Can a mower specialize in plain land work in hills?
No, a mower known to work for the plain land area would not work effectively in the hills. Although it can perform somewhat well, it will not be able to give its best performance in a hilly area.
Is a mower with more power suitable for a small area?
Yes, while you can use it on farms, it will mow the small ones equally faster and smoothly.
Will I face issues with my mower?
These are machines, and anyone can face any problem at any time. But if you handle it smoothly, you will be less likely to have a problem with your mower.
That is all in this list of best mowers. Everyone’s requirements differ, so try selecting the best mower while keeping all your needs in mind. After purchasing the mower, take good care of it to increase its lifespan and serve you smoothly without any issues.
The aforementioned machines are a few of the best mowers you can consider purchasing with your eyes closed. Just make a choice and decide to see your lawn with lush greenery everywhere.
Into Lawn Mowers? Here’s more for you: